Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hello, old friend!

For the first time in a week-and-a-half or so, I slept more than six hours in a night. I haven't been able to sleep in since the Tuesday before last, and, although I still haven't had a day off since the Jimmy Eat World concert on April 12th, the promise of sleep made this an even better weekend.

The weekend started out with Carley coming home as her job will not be starting for a couple of more days, so we were able to spend much of the weekend together. I called in sick (of working, that is! Har!) Friday to EB, marking the first time in three weeks that I haven't worked eight shifts a week between EB and Georgian. Of course, I won't actually get a day off until I'm done at EB, but I guess I'll last until then.

Having to say goodbye to Carley again as she headed back to Ottawa was not exactly the best way to finish off a weekend, but at least it meant seeing her for a few more days.

So, thanks to sleep and Carley, this was actually quite an excellent weekend.

No comments: