Sunday, May 01, 2005

Off to Ottawa

I saw Carley off before she made the trek to Ottawa today, to start her summer co-op with Transport Canada. We had an early (earrrrrrly) breakfast at the Nifty Nook before she left on her nice five-and-a-half hour drive up Ontario's east side.

I had to work (not like that's any surprise), so I couldn't go with her and help her unpack and get settled, which I very much would have liked to have done, but naively thought Frank would actually honour my request to just work Sundays...

But, it won't be too long before I get to see her again, as she'll be coming home for the Victoria Day long weekend, if I can hold out that long. I'll probably be reduced to quite the mess before then, so we'll have to see how all that goes.

I'm going to miss her terribly, much more than she thinks, but we survived eight months in Peterborough, so I think we can definitely do four months in Ottawa. We're tough. Grr.

No comments: