Saturday, June 25, 2005

To the Basketball Fans, Part 2

I'll admit, unless you're a real fan, baseball is bloody boring. So's football. Hockey can be pretty damn boring, too. But nothing beats basketball for sheer coma-inducing boredom when you're listening to it on the radio. Even when the Spurs won and everyone was celebrating, the commentators managed to suck any sort of insight and excitement out of it.

Again - and this one's actually verbatim, not just me trying to be clever - here is an interview with Manu after the Spurs won, conducted by Dr. Jack (I don't actually know what his last name is, everyone just calls him "Dr. Jack").

Dr. Jack: Manu, your mom just came over and gave you a hug, and you said to me, 'That's my mom'. Then your dad came over and gave you a hug, and you said to me, 'That's my dad'.

Holy crap. It was a seven game series for Christ's sake, you had nearly two weeks to come up with something to say, and you lead with that?

No comments: