Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Week, in pieces

Piece 1: Stratford

Seeing as I had a four-day weekend, and it was Carley's birthday on the Monday and I miss her company greatly, I went to Stratford on Tuesday. I can't even remember the last time I went to Stratford, but I'm pretty sure it would have been for a play in, maybe, high school. Long story short, it's been a while.

I had a brilliantly excellent day, although I didn't get to see the most junior Centen, whom I have not seen in a while, but Carley and I spent a good portion of the day together, ate at...uh...uh-oh...Bentley's?, visited a really fabulous little book store, had some hot chocolate and tea, and generally caught up with one another.

The drive is boring as hell, and I had several Amish sightings - whom I did not hit with tuna sandwiches, inside joke - but it was more than worth it. Carley's house is really nice, and right inside town, so if you're planning on a trip to Stratford, you know where to stay.

It was a day I will not soon forget, and a day I hope to recreate sooner rather than later. An excellent start to the week.

No comments: