Thursday, April 20, 2006

Zimbabwe, revisited

I know I talk about Zimbabwe a lot (well, mostly in my head, there aren't many people willing to listen to me if I actually try and talk to them), and I don't really know why. I guess it's just the fact that Zimbabwe was a very large story when I first went to Humber, and it kinda stuck with me. Maybe it was because it was one of the few (in my opinion) black-and-white issues that we dealt with.

Namely,

<"http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/thetolerableone/mugabe2.jpg" ALT="Robert Mugabe">=BAD

The last time I posted about Zimbabwe, I ran off a few numbers about why Robert Mugabe is a knob. This time, I need only one number.

913.6

That is Zimbabwe's annual inflation rate.

Canada's is 2.2%.

Why, in the name of all that is holy, is this man still president?

This would be a rhetorical question, of course, since the actual answer would be "Because he has threatened politic opponents with death. Openly." He's straight up gangsta. He might as well just say he'll bust a cap in Morgan Tsvangirai's ass.

No comments: