Monday, September 04, 2006

A Short Nocturnal Post

I have just returned from seeing Accepted, and thought I would make a (hopefully) short post before I attempt to get a good night's sleep, enabling me to leap back into the real world with tiger-like agility and ferocity. (In truth, I will probably continue watching the CSI marathon that has been running on Spike all day.)

I returned safely from our cruise - two separate incidents of sea legs in two separate cities have been the only ill effects thus far. I will go over the trip in greater detail later, and I will post several pictures, but first I must work on the exact phrasing of various incidents as I will be no doubt relaying the stories several dozen times.

I did discover that I have very, very poor cell service in the US, so Virgin finally has a black mark against it. Also, please take note all who read this, that I am trying to wean myself off of my dependency on my cell phone. I do have a home phone and, in all honesty, I do not exactly lead a life so fast-paced and spellbound that I need to be attached to a cellular device 24/7 (or, for that matter, be receiving text messages asking the age of Wayne Rooney, although that did provide a very large laugh inside Dorval Airport).

Apparently, over the week I was gone, several parts of my (Barrie) house exploded, and we became a hostel. Ben will be with us for another week or so, I am told, but we have apparently become a refuge for others, although those others actually have places to live.

I do not mean to insinuate that because Ben is my friend he is anymore entitled to the comforts of Shirra's futon than any others, but, really, he's working full-time an hour from his other house and can't move into a new place for a week. So, we shall see to what I am returning home - I have had a week of utter irresponsibility, and I think the time has come to reclaim my place as the level-headed one.

I think that will have to suffice for the time being. If anyone has any other news regarding the state of my house, please let me know.

Oh, and on a final note, I would like to thank everyone for not mentioning work to me at all over the past week, save for the names of co-workers. That is the longest I have gone without thinking about the gym, and there have, so far, been very few withdrawal symptoms.

No comments: