Thursday, October 19, 2006

GC Whaaat?

For the first time in it's history, Georgian College will have a reading week this semester - I can only assume it is because too many fine arts students were killing themselves. It sounds morbid, but ask Sheridan. I, unfortunately, will be unable to enjoy the time off as I am on my co-op, but I will find a way to survive.

One of these survival ideas will (hopefully) involve Carley coming to Barrie before she goes home-home for her reading week, and possibly coming to see The Prestige in a large group on Saturday. Needless to say, I am excited. Everyone at the gym can tell you how excited I am.

In other news, Georgian actually just launched a new site, choosegeorgiancollege.ca, which, sad as it sounds, was made, basically, over a weekend, and completely blows our main home page out of the water. We're talking fishing with dynamite here; they're not even close.

On a final note, here's a schmarmy but kinda cool video that is featured on the above non-craptacular website. The shot of the gym is an old one - the guy at the front actually goes to Ryerson now - but it's still sweet (oh, and check out the gratuitous product placement. I'm sure they didn't mean to, but I'm a jerk.)

1 comment:

princess of power said...

hehe...I like the guy who so successfully promotes the school by saying he has just failed a test!