Sunday, July 01, 2007

Angelina Jolie in "Curly-Haired, Inspired By True Events, Accented Oscar Vehicle"

I am going to go see A Mighty Heart tonight. I was expecting big things when I first heard about this movie - I mean, it was a pretty big story, especially if you're interested in the media and journalism anyway. Then I kept hearing how Angelina Jolie should earn an Oscar for this, and how she portrayed the victim in this movie with the utmost dignity.

"Wow!" I thought. "Angelina Jolie is pulling a Hilary Swank! I wonder who thought of Angelina Jolie when trying to cast a male journalist!"

That, of course, is nuts, because she's actually playing Danny Pearl's wife, Mariane, who wrote the book upon which the movie is based.

This has not changed my expectations for the film, I just hope director Michael Winterbottom doesn't spend the entire movie focusing on Angelina Jolie's lips. There was, after all, the story of her husband, who got kidnapped, tortured, and decapitated.

Report post-filmage.

No comments: