Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stuff That Be Goin' Down

I've looked at this a few times in the last...four weeks, apparently...but just haven't really felt much of a drive to write anything. But, with now nothing else to do on this (for a change) nice Sunday, why the heck not. So, a recap of the past month or so, or at least what I can remember.

  • Turned 25, just starting to climb out of quarter-life crisis pit

  • Saw Jack Johnson with Wade. Also saw 1 black dude, a Malay guy, and two East Asian guys. Everyone (everyone) else was white

  • Want to see Rise Against, Thrice, and Alkaline Trio in October, but can't get a straight answer whether other invited people are going

  • Saw the Jays play Tampa Bay. Wore my Eric Hinske jersey, and vigorously defended him when the (clueless) Toronto fans booed him

  • Found out that I'll be heading to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY come Thanksgiving Weekend. Screw y'all, booyeah

  • Got unengaged. That sucked (and still sucks) balls, especially seeing as there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it for several more months

  • Saw Step Brothers
with Ben and his dad at the Nu-Ghetto Empire Theatre in Mississauga, after finding out The Dark Knight still sells out its shows

  • Despite sellouts, I have seen The Dark Knight thrice


  • Began growing a beard, and, at varying times, I have looked like a hobo, like I'm suffering from mange, and like Roy Halladay. I've also been very itchy


  • Drove to work a lot because of the nearly non-stop rain


  • Have - without a word of a lie - doubled the number of shoes I own since working at Sport Mart


  • Yeah, that about sums it up. I've probably forgotten a thing or two, but hey, sue me, I've had a rough month.

    No comments: