Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Truth in Advertising?

As I drove past Tanfastic in town today, I made note of their marquee board. Upon said board was, I assume, what they thought was good advertising for their business: "Vitamin D - The Natural Way".

Really? A tanning bed is the natural way to get Vitamin D?

So I suppose eating fish is not particularly natural. Yeah, fair enough - if we were meant to hunt and eat fish over other things, I guess we would have evolved into something with gills. Or at the very least, developed some sort of device for easily catching them.

And I guess if milk were "natural", we wouldn't have to go through the trouble of milking various things.

If only we lived somewhere near a giant orb of pulsating, Vitamin D-producing energy. Now that would be natural!

No comments: