Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On My Way To A Happy Dance

On Saturday, while attending a Jays game for Meaghan's sister's birthday, I was asked by Maureen (a friend that also attended the game) whether, if I won the lottery, I would quit my job. When I answered a resounding "Yes!" ("Oh, in a second," I believe was my actual response), she asked me what I would spend my days doing. Again, my response was rather quick: "Look for a job I want."

That's not entirely true, though - I'd probably spend at least a week doing, à la Office Space, absolutely nothing. Then I'd get over that and start looking for something where I don't have to deal with...well...work. That, and I'd probably go back to school, and get a degree in whatever the hell I want.

But, before I do that, I have plenty to do this summer. There's an all-you-can-eat Jays game coming up at the end of this month, and another in July.

There are also a few movies coming out, after a rather dry spell recently. Not to mention UFC Undisputed, Ghostbusters and MLB 2K9 for some electronic entertainment.

Plus, there is a trip to Vegas in - most likely - September, maybe1 a trip or two more to a Toronto FC game2. Plus, you never know when a trip to Ottawa/Montreal/wherever might come around.3

All of this, though, scheduled around relentless pursuit of a new job.

1 - If the lottery win works out
2 - I would love to shower boos on Christiano Ronaldo, but I don't know if it's worth $140 or more
3 - Luckily, I'm dating a fabulous travelling woman!

2 comments:

ccentenrun said...

Ottawa!

ccentenrun said...

Also, I found your lottery anecdote interesting because I had the exact same conversation with Shawn this past weekend! It may have even been Saturday afternoon.

Mine was: travel for a year in South America, buy a house and hybrid car, pay off my parents mortgage, something for the siblings, and finally invest a bit of whats left. (When we discussed winning the lottery, we clearly meant the LOTTERY. I think we were talking about the 2 million whatever it was. And now that I think of it, maybe that's what precipitated your conversation too and the universe is not as freaky as I'd like to think it is. Hmm.