Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Viewing

CBC had a Christmas viewing bonanza on last night, so it got me to thinking about what people watch over the holidays (other than year-in-review shows and the World Junior Championships).

Everyone has their favourites, their must-sees - Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer1, Christmas Vacation2, A Christmas Story, or It's a Wonderful Life. There are also those among us that just want to watch The Log.

I, however, can quite happily subsist on only two (and I've already seen one!):

A Garfield ChristmasScrooged

I have no idea why I like these two so much. As Meaghan pointed out, after having seen it for the first time, Scrooged should have scared the hell out of me - it's downright creepy. And Garfield is only 30 minutes, so it's really no different from watching a holiday episode of some TV show. But, I love them both, tremendously.

That being said, after we got it for Christmas one year, my sister and I used to wake up early every Christmas and watch Independence Day. That changed when I realized I'd rather sleep in on Christmas, but still.

1 - Which scares the bejeezus out of me, for some reason
2 - I never really got people's love for this one

No comments: