Sunday, March 07, 2010

Oscar Prognostication

Oscars

Best Picture
I said: James Cameron and Jon Landau - Avatar
The Academy said: Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Nicolas Chartier and Greg Shapiro, The Hurt Locker

Actor in a Leading Role
I said: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
The Academy said: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart

Actor in a Supporting Role
I said: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
The Academy said: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds

Actress in a Leading Role
I said: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
The Academy said: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side

Actress in a Supporting Role
I said: Mo'Nique, Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
The Academy said: Mo'Nique, Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire

Animated Feature Film
I said: Pete Docter, Up
The Academy said: Up

Art Direction
I said: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction); Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration), Avatar
The Academy said: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction); Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration), Avatar

Cinematography
I said: Mauro Fiore, Avatar
The Academy said: Mauro Fiore, Avatar

Costume Design
I said: Sandy Powell, The Young Victoria
The Academy said: Sandy Powell, The Young Victoria

Directing
I said: Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
The Academy said: Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker

Documentary Feature
I said: Louie Psihoyos and Fisher Stevens, The Cove
The Academy said: Louie Psihoyos and Fisher Stevens, The Cove

Documentary Short
I said: Jon Alpert and Matthew O'Neill, China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province
The Academy said: Roger Ross Williams and Elinor Burkett, Music by Prudence

Film Editing
I said: Stephen Rivkin, John Refoua and James Cameron, Avatar
The Academy said: Bob Murawski and Chris Innis, The Hurt Locker

Foreign Language Film
I said: Michael Haneke, The White Ribbon (Germany)
The Academy said: Claudia Llosa, El Secreto de Sus Ojos (Argentina)

Makeup
I said: Jon Henry Gordon and Jenny Shircore, The Young Victoria
The Academy said: Barney Burman, Mindy Hall, and Joel Harlow, Star Trek

Music - Original Score
I said: Michael Giacchino, Up
The Academy said: Michael Giacchino, Up

Music - Original Song
I said: Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett, "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)", Crazy Heart
The Academy said: Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett, "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)", Crazy Heart

Short Film (Animated)
I said: Nick Park, A Matter of Loaf and Death
The Academy said: Nicolas Schmerkin, Logorama

Short Film (Live Action)
I said: Juanita Wilson and James Flynn, The Door
The Academy said: Joachim Back and Tivi Magnusson, The New Tenants

Sound Editing
I said: Christopher Boyes and Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Avatar
The Academy said: Paul N.J. Ottosson, The Hurt Locker

Sound Mixing
I said: Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson and Tony Johnson, Avatar
The Academy said: Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett, The Hurt Locker

Visual Effects
I said: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones, Avatar
The Academy said: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones, Avatar

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
I said: Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up in the Air
The Academy said: Geoffrey Fletcher, Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire

Writing (Original Screenplay)
I said: Mark Boal, The Hurt Locker
The Academy said: Mark Boal, The Hurt Locker

No comments: