Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mo' Money, No Problems

For the second year in a row, I owe the Canada Revenue Agency money. It's only about $60 this time around, after over $200 last year. I took my time, found all the deductions I could, but still, I owed money. Why?

I'll tell you why. I worked at Sport Mart part-time, and that ultimately screwed me.

You see, I made the same amount of money in four months at Laurier that I did in a year at Sport Mart. Unfortunately, Sport Mart took off only about 60% as much tax because I only worked there part-time, and never really made enough to bump me into the right tax bracket. And even with Enterprise being awesome about having RRSPs, I wasn't able to contribute to it early enough to make a difference, and, as such, owe the government money.

Thank you for one final twinge of annoyance, Forzani Group.

No comments: