Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nerds Unite

Fan Expo Canada will be in Toronto next weekend, and, among many others, Nathan Fillion will be there.



Part of the many others will be people like Bobby Orr, Roberto Alomar, and Hulk Hogan - and, apparently, the nerds will not stand for it. Apparently, there are some that don't think that a sports section deserves to be included among the gaming, anime, sci-fi, and horror portions of the weekend.

Let me assure you, my fellow nerds, that there is more than enough sports dorkiness to meet the requirements of Fan Expo.  Think of the endless statistics, the basement arguments (Who would win in a fight? Batman or Superman? Who would win a homerun derby? Ruth or Bonds?), the historical canon with which you can end any of those arguments.

I assure you, had the sports part been there when I was attending Fan Expo on a yearly basis, I would have spent a great deal of time there (hunting down the free autographs, on my video retailer salary).

Have no fear - the muscle-bound mouthbreathers are more afraid of you than you are of them.

No comments: