Saturday, August 24, 2013

Would That Be Firefighters, Cops, or Gearheads?


A couple of weekends ago, we accidentally went to David's Books in Barrie, and I bought For Whom the Bell Tolls.  As we checked out, the cashier gave me a knowing look and commented, "Yup, all you students are getting in just in time to get your books before they're gone".

Two things:

1.) Why, thank you - apparently, I can still pass as a student
2.) I'm sorry, what Georgian students are reading Hemingway?

Now, I don't say that in any way to imply that I'm somehow special for reading Hemingway, or that post-secondary students wouldn't be interested.  I'd just like to know what Georgian students are reading Hemingway.1

I went to Georgian.  I worked at the gym.  I know that it was way busier than the library, and that the firefighting, police, and automotive students would much rather be at TLC or playing slo-pitch than reading a book.

But thank you, I apparently look up to 10 years younger than I am.

1 - Particularly one that shares its name with a Metallica song, which, I would imagine, would be the first point of reference for the title

No comments: